About this solution
With this course the students obtained the necessary knowledge about the modeling and documentation of a project of facilities and MEP-TF systems; with the tools offered by Revit package, in addition to the use of add-ins such as Insight, which allow us to carry out energy efficiency studies and analysis.
They learned about:
¬ M (Mechanical – HVAC)
– Analysis of the heating and air conditioning loads depending on the location of the project, the thermal values in the construction elements, the type of occupation, and hours of operation of the building.
¬ E (Electric – Power and Lighting)
– Analysis of natural and artificial lighting (studies required for LEED certifications)
– The energy generation potential with photovoltaic cells, based on a box model.
– The modeling of power and lighting circuits.
– The generation of load tables and their balances.
¬ P (Plumbing – Hydrosanitary Systems)
¬ F (Fire Protection Systems)
– The possibility of generating layouts automatically, for the design of hydrosanitary, mechanical (HVAC), and fire safety systems, which allows us to optimize design times and decisions.
¬ FAB (Manufacturing)
– The possibility of using manufacturing parts and existing manufacturers’ libraries to have a design and a model with the precision of construction elements.
In addition, they learned about automation tools in MEP system solutions, such as Dynamo that are used today within the AEC industry.